1. Nightingale poo. Also known as the “Bird Poop” facial, Nightingale excrement is hailed as a natural skin lightening and purification sensation. Rich in urea (to exfoliate and moisturize) and guanine (an amino acid that can help fade pigmentation), it’s said to be a century old secret behind Japanese geishas’ flawless complexion and boasts modern day devotees including Victoria and David Beckham. Probably not for me…
2. Serums. Loved by all skin care junkies because they are so easily incorporated into most skin care regimens, watch for this trend to continue into 2013. Look out for products featuring peptides, retinol and other ingredients to reduce fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles.
3. Reinvented Classics. Cleansers, toners, and moisturizers will be reinvented with the addition of new natural ingredients and cosmeceuticals to address everything from blemishes including discoloration and dark spots and premature skin aging.
4. Small/Indie Brands. Will focus on niche areas like anti-aging skin care or marine skin care products (like alteromonas, which protects skin from chemical, mechanical, and natural damage)
5. Devices. Like Clarisonic, look for gadgets which blend design, performance and technology
Which ones tempt you?