Skin Care Ingredient Trend 2009
Posted by Sharmani on January 12th, 2009
Skin Inc, the magazine dedicated to skin science and skin treatment trends, lists the top 10 ingredients that consumers will hear more about in 2009 according to public relations firm Pierce Mattie.
- Argan oil: Argan oil has been a beauty secret used by Moroccan women for centuries. Rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, it also contains antioxidant and moisturizing ability.
- Açai: From Brazil, the acai berry is a source of antioxidants, amino acids and essential farry acids that delivers many skin benefits.
- Goji berries: Also known as wolfberries in the Himalayas, the Goji berry is a new “superfood” that can fight free radicals and boost the immune system.
- Baobab: A source of vitamins A, B, C, D and E, baobab has demonstrated anti-aging properties.
- Acerola: Acerola contains a high Vitamin C content and can be found in products that claim to even out skin tone and brighten the complexion as well as fight skin redness and inflammation.
- Blueberry: Another superfood, blueberries are high in amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids and we can expect to find them included in more anti aging beauty products.
- Probiotics: Beyond the benefits that probiotics deliver to intestinal health, look for their inclusion in clinically marketed skin care products.
- Palmitoyl tripeptide-3: Just starting to become noticed, palmitoyl tripeptide-3 is a peptide that has been shown to fight fine lines and wrinkles, and will be branded as a temporary alternative to cosmetic procedures.
- Myrrh: This ancient ingredient contains a rich resin that can stimulates circulation and lift skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains the active ingredient curcurmin, already used widely for its ability to fight inflammation. Look for it in treatments to fight acne and aid in the prevention and removal of blemishes.
While it’s always fun to try new ingredients and products, don’t be fooled by hype and marketing. Always look for the evidence – a good skin care routine includes the use of well- formulated sunscreens, antioxidants, moisturizers, exfoliants and cell communicating agents.
Want to keep up to date on the latest in skin care and anti aging information? Visit this skincare blog updated 3 times a week. Sign up for our weekly newsletter with exclusive info and discounts on new products. Sign Up Here